Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New External Elevations Drawings

Z z z z...

These are, at least I hope these are, first drafts. I almost fell asleep looking at them. We're really pulling for a structure that's inspiring and museum-quality, but these drawings are just a dirty box. Take an extra second to notice the color scheme. No offense to the architect, but they look like a standard Pacific Northwest pallette. You don't really see these colors together since the end of the 1990's. They kind of remind me of an outdoorsy guy's clothes. Fleece vest, jeans, and those suede laceless sneakers.

I replied to him with our impression of what we want. It's basically a re-draw of a very early 3D sketch I did to get my thoughts on paper. The main thing is an unbroken line that frames the building and provides an overhang for each run of windows. My drawings are a really rough idea of what I'd like to see, so I'm eager to hear back from him.

First, the elevation drawings I received. Below those are my submissions back to him.









No comments: