Saturday, August 4, 2007

Meet my new friend Big Shirley

She's here! Welcome the latest addition to the Seattle Roche crew: Big Shirley.





Last weekend, Elissa was out of town and I was home totally by myself for probably the first time since I got Maxine in 2000. I went from shelter to shelter looking for a good sized, nice, young dog, and happened upon Big Shirley up in Everett. I immediately fell in love. Who wouldn't? No one wouldn't, in fact, which is why I had to wait until Thursday and then enter a drawing (it was only me and one other lady) to get her. The cops up there pulled her out of a car on a hot day and no one claimed her, so she's all ours now.

After grabbing her from the vet this morning (spay & deformed 5th claw removed), we took her around town and for a trip around the lake. She's surprisingly well-behaved. A lot of energy, but someone taught her what to do when the humans mean business. She sits when asked, and always throws a high-five once she's on her ass. Now she just runs laps around our dining room table and acts nice.

We're taking her camping next week where she'll learn more of the ropes. I think she's going to be great. She's docile as heck, no aggression toward dogs and no fear of people. Good choice. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got to meet Big Shirley today. She's very sweet and a total heartbreaking cutie. Welcome to the family Big Shirley!

Mommy said...

Well-- Welcome to Shirley-- I hope that she'll be--
As loving a member of your family
As Maxine the Great turned out to be---
I hope that she's good with "BIG G"