Thursday, July 12, 2007

Big Bad David Lee is Sweet Graham Lucas now

After months of failing to agree on names for David Lee, Elissa and I agreed on the name "Graham Lucas Roche". His nickname will be 'Killer' (Killer Graham Roche), and we're pleased as punch.

Our process was kind of novel. We fought and fought over names that were too close to famous flamboyant lead singers (mine) and dogs (Elissa), and finally decided to bury the hatchet. One night when Elissa was out at her book club, I told her I was going to parse through the baby name books and write down every name I liked. When she got back, she did the same thing, but without looking at my names. After we both settled on our own short lists, we traded papers and came to a shorter list of possibilities. Add to that Elissa's exposure to the obscure/trendy names of the 2000's, and we came up with the name Graham Lucas Roche.

I didn't bust out the 'Killer Graham' bit until after Elissa told people, because she hates when I have fun. I win again.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

The name is set- and it is good
Maybe the only one in the neighborhood==
It rhymes with am so he can say
"Graham I am" when he coes to play
The "Lucas" part makes it hard to see-
His heritage --his biography--
You've made him very English, Mate-
Granny's flipping -no debate--
But "Graham, I am" is who he'll be--
At 1008 we'll call him "Big G"
Lovesha--Mommy