Thursday, July 12, 2007

Maxine is what you call a trooper

The lump on her side is now a full-fledged fist, but she's not showing any signs of pain or sluggishness. We had our first really hot week this week, so she's as panty as any other dog in town, but as far as her carrying 6 lbs. of cancer? No sign of anything degrading.

This has us pretty happy. I always envisioned Maxine and David Lee Roche laying together on the couch, and I just might get my wish. Fingers crossed.

It's still sad to do stuff with Maxine. We climbed up a mountain when we were on the coast for the 4th, and, like I said, she showed no signs of disease. Still, every time we take her somewhere we know it could be the last time. For now, though, she's still a buster.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I'm sorry about Maxine-- She was a nice dog-- Just my type-- standoffish and not huggy--but , to save her pain and more discomfort, I know you chose the best thing for her--
She was a go0od and faithful companion
Lovesha--Mommy